- Calories and Energy Balance: How Weight Loss (or Gain) Occurs (Pt. 1)
- Is the Carbohydrate-Insulin Model of obesity over?
- Weight loss versus fat loss: important difference or pedantic point?
- Can excess protein get stored as body fat? Pt. 3
- Why weight loss diets work and fail: understanding the energy balance equation
Monthly Archives: July 2012
Opening Comments In the wake of a recent study published in JAMA , wherein participants on a low-carbohydrate, higher-protein diet had greater improvements in metabolic syndrome parameters (insulin sensitivity, HDL and triglycerides), I was asked the question, “why would anyone … Continue reading