- Calories and Energy Balance: How Weight Loss (or Gain) Occurs (Pt. 1)
- Is the Carbohydrate-Insulin Model of obesity over?
- Weight loss versus fat loss: important difference or pedantic point?
- Can excess protein get stored as body fat? Pt. 3
- Why weight loss diets work and fail: understanding the energy balance equation
Join 1,127 other followers
Category Archives: Carbohydrate
Opening Comments Today I want to talk about growth hormone. From what I’ve gathered over the past couple of weeks, there seems to be a prevailing notion that eating carbohydrates at night will somehow prevent natural growth hormone release from … Continue reading
Opening Comments Welcome back for part 2 of the great HFCS debate. Before I begin, I’d like to briefly recap last week’s arguments (for those who may have missed it) by simply copying and pasting my concluding remarks: In summary, … Continue reading
High-fructose Corn Syrup: Obesogenic Evil or Dietary Scapegoat, Part I Today’s topic is probably one of my favorite topics, partly because it’s so controversial and partly because there is so much research behind it (epidemiological and lab-based), which makes it … Continue reading