- Calories and Energy Balance: How Weight Loss (or Gain) Occurs (Pt. 1)
- Is the Carbohydrate-Insulin Model of obesity over?
- Weight loss versus fat loss: important difference or pedantic point?
- Can excess protein get stored as body fat? Pt. 3
- Why weight loss diets work and fail: understanding the energy balance equation
Join 1,127 other subscribers
Calories in Context
Tag Archives: metabolism
Stoking the metabolic fire: does higher meal frequency increase metabolism and enhance fat loss?
Posted on January 20, 2013 by decline104
Introduction It has been a long-held belief in bodybuilding and health/fitness circles that eating more frequently throughout the day leads to an increase in metabolic rate and fat-loss. This is colloquially coined, “stoking the metabolic fire.” In fact, this very … Continue reading →
Posted in Diets | Tagged fat loss, meal frequency, metabolism | 10 Comments