- Calories and Energy Balance: How Weight Loss (or Gain) Occurs (Pt. 1)
- Is the Carbohydrate-Insulin Model of obesity over?
- Weight loss versus fat loss: important difference or pedantic point?
- Can excess protein get stored as body fat? Pt. 3
- Why weight loss diets work and fail: understanding the energy balance equation
Join 1,127 other subscribers
Calories in Context
Tag Archives: Protein
Can excess protein get stored as bodyfat? Pt. 2
Introduction & background Today’s post will be short and sweet. Previously I covered the topic of excess protein being converted to fatty acids and contributing to fat gain (found here, here and here; this was a rather popular one). In … Continue reading
Posted in Diets, Protein, Reviews Tagged Fat, Fat gain, High protein diet, Protein, Resistance training, Weight gain, Weight training 7 Comments
Protein: is it really as bad as they say it is?
Introduction & background Early last March a provocative study published by Levine et al.  in the prestigious Cell Metabolism has really shaken up the nutritional science world ever since one of the authors of the study suggested that eating … Continue reading